This Health Eating Recipes is perfect finger food. Serve with plenty of pepper sauce for dipping.
125g/4½oz salt cod, or other saltfish, soaked in water overnight (water changed several times)
100g/3½oz self-raising flour
¼ red pepper, diced
¼ green pepper, diced
¼ onion, finely diced
½ Scotch bonnet chilli, seeded and finely chopped (use ½ green chilli for a milder version )
freshly ground black pepper
vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Drain the soaked salt cod and cook in boiling water for 20-25 minutes, or until the fish is flaky and tender. Drain the salt cod and flake the flesh, removing the skin and pin bones.
- Tip the flour into a bowl and stir in enough cold water to make a thick paste (about 250ml/9fl oz). Stir in the salt cod, red and green peppers, onions, scotch bonnet pepper and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 2.5cm/1in vegetable oil in a deep heavy-based frying pan until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown when dropped into it. (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended.)
- Carefully place spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the fritters are crisp and golden-brown (you may need to do this in batches). Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Serve this Health Eating Recipes while still hot.
Inspired from https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/salt_fish_fritters_01411
Salt Fish Fritters, a Health Eating Recipes
4/ 5Oleh Agung PK